freeradius using linux user passwd

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 9 09:16:42 CEST 2013

Julian Macassey wrote:
> 	In the Wifi sign on window of both a Macbook and an
> iPhone, I enter the username and the password. So, from my sign
> on I have told the server both.

  Well, no.  That's telling the *client* what the password is.

  You need to tell the *server* the correct password, too.

> 	I have done that, if you mean putting username and
> password, plus shared secret in the /etc/freeradius/users file.

  That's not what the debug output shows.  Read it.  It's pretty simple.
The "files" module returns "noop", which means it didn't match the
User-Name in the Access-Request.

> Using radtest as described in the documentation I have done it
> and it works.

  Read raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel.  It describes how to get the
"inner-tunnel" portion working.

> 	I have read and followed
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/setup.html

  You didn't follow all of the steps to get EAP to work.  If you had,
you would see an Access-Accept.