PEAP using different CA?

Fernando Hammerli fhammerli at puc-rio.br
Wed Jul 10 14:09:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

Currently we have 1000´s of users self-signed certificates (EAP-TLS),
and we´re planning to move our main authentication method to PEAP, but
keeping the certificates in use while valid.

To avoid the need of installing our CA certificate on every Windows
machine, we´ll buy the server certificate from a public CA.
Can Freeradius allow me to have both methods at the same time, ie, the
PEAP with the public CA and certificate users with our 'self-signed' CA?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando Hämmerli
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro