3.0 regex realm syntax

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Fri Jul 12 16:23:49 CEST 2013

It seems to be last call for refactoring some of the user-visible
config items that are easier to change when bumping a major
rev number.  The syntax for regexp-based realms has always
struck me as a bit hinky:

realm "~regexp\\.edu" {
}

Would it require too much tokenization witchdoctoring to make:

realm /regexp\.edu/ {
}

...work?

Also I find a note in my config file comments about some regexp
availability in the "hints" file being in-transition and so not
to use it, but cannot remember what that was about, it has been
so long, and there seems to be no example in the stock configs.

I'm looking forward to finally bumping to 3.0 on our non-RadSec
servers as soon as things look to test out right and we can tell
the boss that the package is supported on our distro.  We'll
be getting rid of a LOT of cruft in config files during the
process due to the many new ease-of-use features.  Things
are sure looking up :-)

--
Brian S. Julin
Network Administrator