Logging Cisco config changes with FreeRadius

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Jul 13 00:44:11 CEST 2013

On 12 Jul 2013, at 23:31, kyle woock <kylewoock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Freradius Users,
>
> I have installed FreeRadius on CentOS 6.4 in VMWare environment and I am pretty new to using something like FreeRadius. However I have it on my virtual machine and it is running I am able to authenticate against my Cisco 3550 Switch that is on my desk and connected to the network. Anyways the reason I have this is what I want this to do is once someone is logged into a switch with the FreeRadius credentials I want the session to be logged as to what they are changing. I know Cisco has a built in logging system but it is pretty vague I was just curious if there is away to actually show what the person is changing.

ProCurve kit sends the commands issue in HP-Command-String (a VSA), I believe the HP commands closely mirror the Cisco ones for AAA.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/vendor/HP#Accounting-command-logging

> And if I need another product to go a long with FreeRadius if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Nope, FreeRADIUS can log to systlog/flat file/SQL/REDIS or via Python and Perl.

FreeRADIUS Development Team