freeradius accept-accept with no AVP attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jul 13 20:02:14 CEST 2013

J KIE wrote:
> the radius servers on my network are receiving spikes of ACCESS-ACCEPT
> traffic,

  RADIUS servers received Access-Request packets, and send Access-Accept
packets.

> I have been analysing traffic using tshark and noticed that
> some of the ACCESS-ACCEPT sent from the server back to the client does
> not have the AVP attributes set

  Then run the server in debugging mode to see what's going on.

> below is an example

  Of a packet capture... all the way down to Ethernet.  Why?

  FreeRADIUS comes with debugging tools.  Use them.  You're wasting your
time when you look at raw packets.  It won't tell you anything useful.