[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jul 15 10:11:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

> If you are planning on deploying 3.0 and have an existing 2.x.x configuration you were planning to migrate when the 3.0 is released, now would be a good time to try that, and to report any issues or problematic behaviour changes you notice.

Here's one thing during make install that used to work, but now ceased.

In 2.x.x, there was an easy mechanism to prevent "make install" from
generously copying config files into the target config directory. This
worked by doing a "mv raddb raddb-somestring". make install would not
find the raddb directory and ignore it during install.

That was quite cool; I have a config dir which only contains files which
are actually in use; like I don't have a "users" file. If raddb is in
place during a make install, this would copy the default config files
(a.k.a. "random junk") into my production config.

Now, with 3.0.0 if I try the same trick, I get:

# mv raddb raddb-noinst
# make install
scripts/boiler.mk:552: raddb/all.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `raddb/all.mk'.  Stop.

I understand that the urgency of preserving existing config dirs is
lower; due to the server not creating new modules in modules/ any more;
these days, it can mess with mods-available as it likes.

But still, the hygiene I could apply to my config previously was nice.

Any chance to get this back?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--