[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jul 15 10:30:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

> If you are planning on deploying 3.0 and have an existing 2.x.x configuration you were planning to migrate when the 3.0 is released, now would be a good time to try that, and to report any issues or problematic behaviour changes you notice.

The errors for people upgrading from 2.x are a bit cryptic. Of course
reading README.rst will solve it, but the initial complaints when just
starting with -X are:

(I have user,group, and allow_core_dumps both on the top-level AND in
the security subsection to have a config for 2.x and 3.x - this used to
be okay, with the top-level entries simply ignored)

main {
 security {
        user = "radiusd"
        group = "radiusd"
        allow_core_dumps = no
 }
/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/radiusd.conf[0]: Configuration item
"user" is deprecated
/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/radiusd.conf[0]: Replace "user" with
"group"
}

Here it complained about the top-level "user" - but suggesting to
replace it with "group"?

Afer commenting out the user and group ones, I got to allow_core_dumps:

main {
 security {
        user = "radiusd"
        group = "radiusd"
        allow_core_dumps = no
 }
/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/radiusd.conf[0]: Configuration item
"allow_core_dumps" is deprecated
/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/radiusd.conf[0]: Replace
"allow_core_dumps" with "(null)"

Replace with null makes it look like the config parameter doesn't exist
any more; while it simply moved into security { }.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche