[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Jul 15 12:10:37 CEST 2013

On 15 Jul 2013, at 10:30, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> If you are planning on deploying 3.0 and have an existing 2.x.x configuration you were planning to migrate when the 3.0 is released, now would be a good time to try that, and to report any issues or problematic behaviour changes you notice.
>
> I must be missing something pretty obvious, so sorry if the below
> question is just noise...
>
> I'll have replace my sql_log instances with rlm_sql_null (*sniff*).
>
> So as I was in the process of re-weriting the first instance config, I
> stumbled over the 2.x parameter:
>
> sql_log sql-relay-acct-vpn {
> 	path = ${radacctdir}/sql-relay-common
> }
>
> Which is useful for knowing where the text file with the queries ends up.
>
> And in 3.0.0-rc0 ... there is no such thing?!? Or I just don't get it.
>
> mods-available/sql speaks of setting "null" and dialect to "mysql" - and
> the dialect config doesn't have file names.
>
> The only filename I see in the sql config is sqltracefile. Maybe that's
> it, but with that parameter description, the semantics would be a rather
> horrible mismatch.
>
> NB: README.rst doesn't mention the death of sql_log nor that sql (null)
> is its replacement.

It's logfile, which google reveals to be a valid portmanteau, despite my dislike for it.

Just looking at the code, there's some slightly weird behaviour which i'm going to fix now. If no section logfile was specified it'd default to the main logfile.

This would of mean that if you just wanted to log autz queries, you have to specify logfiles for acct and post-auth.

The new logic just uses the logfile associated with the section. If you want to log autz queries, use logfile in the main sql instance section, if you want to log acct queries, use logfile in accounting, if you want to log post-auth queries use logfile in post-auth.

If you want to use the same logfile for everything, reference it from acct and post-auth.

I'll double check the default configs to make sure they list it and update the documentation.

Thanks for reporting this.

FreeRADIUS Development Team