Delete one value of multiple attribute(Class)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 17 16:35:49 CEST 2013

Okis Chuang wrote:
> But the situation I encountered is :

  It helps to describe the situation *accurately*.  Otherwise, you're
wasting everyone's time.

> 1.    I need to save some information returned in Access-Accept from
> external AAA in the attribute **Class** at the section **post-auth**. So
> it will return back to gateway.

  That's what Class is for.

> 2.    Then gateway will send Accounting-Start to my server. In this
> time, I need to pop out the information I saved in the attribute
> **Class** in the section **accounting** so that I can generate the avp
> what I need.

  That works already.

> So that way I must choose some kind of attribute that gateway must
> return back for saving temporary attribute value.
>
> Concerning about total available length of Class in our wifi gateway, I
> don’t want to do such a waste on attribute Class.

  If the WiFi gateway doesn't support a long Class attribute, it won't
support *two* Class attributes, either.

  You're better off storing session information in a database.  Using
the WiFi gateway as a session database is a very bad idea.