[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 17:35:20 CEST 2013

I've been going through the packaging effort for 3.0 for Fedora/RHEL.
BTW, many thanks to Stefan Paetow who did an initial spec file, Stefan's
work has been a big help.

I'm coming up with a list of issues as I find them, more to come later,
but for now ...

1) The redhat directory is populated with the old 2.x spec file, no
sense in updating this until we have a good 3.x spec file, but it should
be updated prior to the official 3.0 release.

2) Man pages installed for non-existent features.

rlm_policy
radwatch

These man pages are installed but both features are not part of 3.0 as
far as I can tell.

3) Man pages missing.

The following are installed in either /bin or /usr/sbin but there are no
corresponding man pages. Every command installed needs to have a man page.

dhcpclient
radattr
rad_counter
rc.radiusd [1]

[1] Debatable as to how necessary a man page is for rc.radiusd, it's use
is subsumed by initscript documentation for SysV, plus many systems
won't install it all. I only include it in the list for completeness.

John