[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 18:47:24 CEST 2013

On 07/17/2013 12:26 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> John Dennis wrote:
>> The following are installed in either /bin or /usr/sbin but there are no
>> corresponding man pages. Every command installed needs to have a man page.
>>
>> dhcpclient
>> radattr
>
>   Hmm... those two probably shouldn't be installed.  They're really only
> for testing.  Can the spec file just ignore them?

Sure it's no problem for the spec file to ignore them but I'm wondering
if they are valuable for testing won't others find them useful too? If
so shouldn't we keep them and add a man page?

Right now we don't have a "tools" subpackage, this is common for other
large packages. A tools subpackage contains useful commands for admins
and developers which are not necessary for running the basic package.
Perhaps 3.0 is a good time to introduce a tools package and move some of
this stuff into tools making it an optional install. This would also
bring freeradius in line with other packages. Comments?

John