[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 00:17:57 CEST 2013

autotools configure script issue/question:

Why is udpfromto disabled by default? I thought udpfromto was necessary
for correct operation in some configurations and benign otherwise. I
thought the udpfromto option was added to 2.x because the issue was
discovered in the middle of the 2.x release stream and we didnt' want to
introduce potential incompatibility. If udpfromto is sometimes
necessary and benign otherwise is there a reason for this to be a
configuration option at all in 3.0?

John

jdennis at redhat.com