Freeradius 3.0 hints, rlm_perl

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun Jul 21 19:31:31 CEST 2013

>        - HINTS does not work the way it did before. Especially this no
>          longer works for me:
>
> DEFAULT User-Name =~ "^v104\\\\([^@]+)"
>     User-Name := "%{1}@V104.GMVL.DE"

Can you got some debug output or even just the value of the User-Name? It may just be the escaping is less crazy than it used to be.

>        - rlm_perl does not seem to register itself as module correctly
>          because I get the following error message as soon as I:

> authorize {
>        update control {
>                Auth-Type := perl
>        }
> }
>
> Message is: (0) WARNING: Unknown value specified for Post-Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested action.

No. That just means you don't have a reject {} section in Post-Auth, it has nothing to do with the perl module.

> Full Log: http://pbot.rmdir.de/IRC6zW11GNEWEFpMx0a13w
>
>        - freeradius gives me a segmentation fault as soon as I put 'perl' in
>          the authorize section and do one authentication request.

Can you provide a backtrace please? I'll see if I can fix it.

-Arran