2.x.x and radtest: no IPv6?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 22 13:38:27 CEST 2013

Stefan Winter wrote:
> while using radtest, I got some strange results:
>
> # ./radtest swinter testpwd [::1] 123 testing123
> radclient: Failed to find IP address for host ::1: Success

  It defaults to IPv4.

> # ./radtest swinter testpwd ipv6-localhost 123 testing123
> radclient: Failed to find IP address for host ipv6-localhost: Success
>
> ipv6-localhost is in my /etc/hosts. I'd expect both of these to work...
> no brackets also doesn't work, but that was just my last straw and
> doesn't have to work anyway.
>
> Does radtest not support IPv6? I could have sworn it did IPv6 earlier,
> but not totally sure.

  <ahem>

$ radtest  -h
Usage: radtest [OPTIONS] user passwd radius-server[:port]
nas-port-number secret [ppphint] [nasname]
        -d RADIUS_DIR       Set radius directory
        -t <type>           Set authentication method
                            type can be pap, chap, mschap, or eap-md5
        -x                  Enable debug output
        -4                  Use IPv4 for the NAS address (default)
        -6                  Use IPv6 for the NAS address