TLS-Client-Cert-Expiration date format

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Thu Jul 25 10:32:46 CEST 2013

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone knew what the expiration date format was back
from eap-tls transactions? I have a cert here that expires 23/07/2015
and FR gives back  "150723132302Z".
That's a Z on the end..?
It's certainly not seconds since epoch or Jan 01 - 1601 which is seen in
certain other operating systems.
As part of fault finding I wanted to report back if the certificate has
expired as I can't work out how to get the eap-tls failure message to a
linelog. If I do an explicit check in post-auth-reject at least I can
determine whether it's failed because the certificate that's expired. It
would also be nice to have a list of people authenticating and report
how many days left until the certificate they have expires, so we can
take steps in the auto enrolment doesn't work.
Thanks
Andy