Re: Free Radius not sending reject message when using "max_request_time"

manjunath uthappa ponnachana pu_manjunath at rediffmail.com
Sat Jun 8 09:29:47 CEST 2013

Hi Alan,

But my concern why free radius is not sending access-reject response.

Thanks & Regards
ManjunathFrom: Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>Sent: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 19:12:02 To: pu_manjunath at rediffmail.com, FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>Subject: Re: Free Radius not sending reject message when using "max_request_time"manjunath uthappa ponnachana wrote:> I am trying to test this and trying to execute SQL query from free> radius which will take more time than max_request_time. But free radius> is not sending reject message instead it comes out with an error "no> response from the server". That's how it works. The problem is that the call to SQL is blocking at the OS layer.  i.e.FreeRADIUS isn't running any more for that thread.  So it's pretty muchimpossible *forcibly* stop that SQL query. The solution to a slow database is to fix the database.  PokingFreeRADIUS won't work.  Any changes you make to FreeRADIUS will make theproblem worse. There is NO reason why an S!
 QL database takes more than .1s to returnfrom a query.  If it does, your database is horribly broken. Alan DeKok.