Q: Define realms per virtual server.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 10 23:58:16 CEST 2013

David Mitchell wrote:
> I'm hitting a situation where I would like to be able to define different realms in my virtual servers. Simply including realm definitions inside of the virtual servers doesn't work. It doesn't generate an error either, but the defined realm doesn't work.

  You can't just invent a configuration and have it work.  The
"proxy.conf" file describes where realms are defined.  They work there,
and nowhere else.

> The 'realm' keyword is overloaded, being used both for the definitions of the delimiters and of the realms themselves.

  No.

> And while the former is loaded via a module syntax and can be loaded per-virtual-server (via suffix, ipass, etc.)

  That's like saying the "SQL" module implements an SQL database,
because it's called "SQL".

  No, it doesn't work like that.  The realm definition is in proxy.conf.
 The "realm" module uses the realm definitions to process packets which
contain realms.

> I can't find any way to restrict the actual realm definitions to a virtual server. They are all global configuration loaded via proxy.conf.

  They are global.

> Is there some method I'm missing for making the realm definitions per-server? Thanks in advance,

  Source code modifications.