msRADIUSFramedIPAddress AD attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 11 17:57:01 CEST 2013

Júlíus Þór Bess Ríkharðsson wrote:
> Thanks for a truly great RADIUS server!

  It's what we do. :)

> I was wondering whether you guys have a way of dealing with Microsoft's
> strange representation of an IP address, in the msRADIUSFramedIPAddress
> attribute, to get something useful like an actual ip address? :)

  That's a hard question.  The msRADIUSFramedIPAddress is a binary
32-bit IP address.  FreeRADIUS assumes that all of the data it gets from
LDAP is printable strings.

  There's no simple way to handle this in v2.  I'd suggest writing a
short Perl script.

  This can be done in v3:

- map the LDAP attribute to a RADIUS attribute of type "octets"

	update reply {
		Framed-IP-Address = &Attribute-of-type-Octets
	}

  And it will magically work.