terminate eap-ttls

adrian.p.smith at bt.com adrian.p.smith at bt.com
Thu Jun 20 13:09:40 CEST 2013

> >> This *is* proxying the inner tunnel; the inner tunnel auth is also
> >> EAP, and you're sending it to the remote server.
> >
> > Thanks, this is NOT what I want to do. I want to send the inner
> > message, not the tunnel and do PAP on the remote server.

> You can only do PAP on the remote server if your inner auth method was PAP. Basically, this means EAP-TTLS/PAP.

> Doing that is simple:

> server inner-tunnel {
>   authorize {
>     update control {
>       Proxy-To-Realm := THEREALM
>     }
>   }
> }

> If this isn't working, send a debug from "radiusd -X"

Many thanks Phil, that now works a treat.

For other folks, the main trip up I had was the eapol config. Originally I had:

network={
eap=TTLS
eapol_flags=0
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
identity="testuser"
password="testpassword"
ca_cert="/home/carla/ca.pem"
phase2="auth=TTLS"
}

As per the original page, but I really needed:

network={
eap=TTLS
eapol_flags=0
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
identity="testuser"
password="testpassword"
ca_cert="/home/carla/ca.pem"
phase2="auth=PAP"
}

The "phase2" indicating the "inner" protocol. Obvious when you know!