ldap

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 19:24:57 CEST 2013

On 06/24/2013 12:18 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
> 	I added in /etc/freeradius/clients.conf:
>
> client plumgrid-ldap1 {
> #       # secret and password are mapped through the "secrets"
> #       file.
>         secret = <MYSECRET>
>         shortname = ldap
> #       # the following three fields are optional, but may be
> #       used by
> #       # checkrad.pl for simultaneous usage checks
>         ipaddr = 192.168.10.14
>         nastype     = other
> ##      login       = !root
> #       password    = someadminpas
> }

> radiusd: #### Loading Clients ####
>  client plumgrid-ldap1 {
> 	ipaddr = 192.168.10.14
> 	require_message_authenticator = no
> 	secret = "d1sc0verplum"
> 	shortname = "ldap"
> 	nastype = "other"
>  }

> -----
> I still get:
>
> Sending Access-Request of id 94 to 192.168.10.14 port 1812
> 	User-Name = "evergreen at plumgrid.com"
> 	User-Password = "evergreen's password"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> 	NAS-Port = 0

I don't follow what you're doing. Is your radius server on
192.168.10.14, the same as your client? Because it looks like your
sending your access-request to the client, not the server (unless
they're both the same box). If they are the same box then make sure port
1812 is open. Also your NAS-IP-Address in your request is not your
client address of 192.168.10.14.

Also, 127.0.1.1 seems like an odd address, localhost is normally
127.0.0.1, what's in your /etc/hosts file?

Also I don't see what this has to do with ldap, nothing as far as I can
tell.

Also, be careful with making configuration files backups in the config
directory, the sever reads everything it finds in the config directory,
do you really mean to load /etc/freeradius/modules/off-ldap-orig?