design question

Olivier Beytrison olivier at heliosnet.org
Mon Mar 4 22:17:59 CET 2013

On 04.03.2013 21:56, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am configuring a general purpose RADIUS server that any number of
> clients can connect to for authn - it uses a PostgreSQL DB as the
> backend datastore. I would also like to setup a secondary RADIUS
> server listening on a different port (ie. 1814) and use the same Pg DB
> as a backend, but use a "restricted" view as the "users" table, then
> configure devices (certain network gear) that wish to only allow users
> in the "restricted" view to use that secondary RADIUS server and
> corresponding port.

You can use the same listen ports, but group clients (which mean NAS) in
two groups, and assign a specific virtual server for each groups, with
different policy, database lookup and such.

> I am currently using Debian 6.0 with corresponding FR 2.1.10+dfsg-2+squeeze1.

Beware that there are some known bugs in 2.1.10 as well as some security
flaws. you should go with the latest 2.2.X git branch

Olivier

--
  Olivier Beytrison
  Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg
  Mail: olivier at heliosnet.org