How to use checkval

Danny Kurniawan danny.kurniawan at fairchildsemi.com
Wed Mar 13 09:14:02 CET 2013

So basically i found this old 2008 case :

 Feb 27, 2008; 6:13pm  Re: Radius MAC filtering with EAP-PEAP
  [image: Alan DeKok-2]<http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=106330>
 11708 posts
  Era wrote:
> Could you please assist me to find my fault. I have test user with
laptop. I
> want to restrict access for this laptop. In users file I added wrong mac
> address (00-18-de-4e-8f-11) but laptop still can connect with
testuser/12345
> credentials.

  Did you read the documentation for the "users" file?

> Here is my users file:
>
> testuser User-Password == "12345"
>          Calling-Station-Id = "00-18-de-4e-8f-11"

  What do you think this entry does?

> Here is my checkval config:

  I don't think you need to use the "checkval" module.

  In 2.0, you can just write the logic you want in "unlang".

  Alan DeKok.

The different things that i want to achieve here is :

use checkval to check the station id, if pass then go to EAP-MSCHAPV2. If
this can be use with "unlang" method, can anyone show me the link of the
doucmentation? For example which conf file i need to edit to put that if
else clause.

Thanks
Danny

--