string up CUI for visiting eduroam users

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 11:11:00 CET 2013

Hi,
i'm in the process of setting up cui for visitors hear and for york user visiting other institutions.

In the case of visiting eduroam users to our site, on an internal RADIUS server I've got

pre-proxy {

       if (Packet-Type == Access-Request) {
          cui_authorize
#           update request {
#              Chargeable-User-Identity:='\\000'
#           }
       }
       pre_proxy_log
}

working on the basis that we'll be proxying off the auth request to another site.

I'm then assuming that in the response from the home server somewhere else on the planet there'll be a non null CUI attribute which I can get at in the post proxy clause. I also want to put the info into the chi table that i've created in my back end mysql database.

I thought I'd be able to do

post-proxy {

#
# Visiting eduroam users using our wireless.

#
# If we've got a CUI coming back in the Access-Accept packet, do something with it
#
#       cui_updatedb

#

However, If I do a radius -X -d /etc/freeradius to check it, I get

/etc/freeradius/policy.conf[185]: "SQL" modules aren't allowed in 'post-proxy' sections -- they have no such method.
/etc/freeradius/policy.conf[185]: Failed to parse "cui" entry.
/etc/freeradius/policy.conf[184]: Failed to parse "if" subsection.
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[492]: Errors parsing post-proxy section.

At which point can I get hold of the returning CUI data and  put it into a database.
Rgds
Alex