ippool-dhcp and Oracle

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 24 20:11:38 CET 2013

Бен Томпсон wrote:
> I began work on testing with Oracle but I have come across a couple of
> issues. Firstly one of my SQL statements is throwing up an error, and
> secondly the server is sending a unicast reply when I need a
> broadcast. I should be able to fix the dodgy SQL but I wondered if
> anyone could help me fix the broadcast/unicast problem. Here is the
> full degug :-

  The debug log

> Received DHCP-Discover of id 64b2e216 from 0.0.0.0:68 to 0.0.0.0:67
> 	DHCP-Opcode = Client-Message
> 	DHCP-Hardware-Type = Ethernet
> 	DHCP-Hardware-Address-Length = 6
> 	DHCP-Hop-Count = 0
> 	DHCP-Transaction-Id = 1689444886
> 	DHCP-Number-of-Seconds = 0
> 	DHCP-Flags = 0

  The broadcast flag isn't set.  So the client is asking for a unicast
response.

> (0) dhcp_sqlippool : 	expand: 'START TRANSACTION' -> 'START TRANSACTION'
> rlm_sql (sql): Executing query: 'START TRANSACTION'
> rlm_sql_oracle: execute query failed in sql_query: ORA-00900: invalid
> SQL statement

  That needs to be fixed.  I don't know much about Oracle, and I don't
have an Oracle system running to test it.

> (0) DHCP: Reply will be sent unicast to your-ip-address
> Sending DHCP-Offer of id 64b2e216 to 10.99.0.11:68

  You should be able to fix this by doing:

	update reply {
		DHCP-Flags = Broadcast
	}

  Which will force the server to send a broadcast reply.