Auth-Type krb5 not recognized by v2.1.12

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 12:41:10 CET 2013

On 03/25/2013 11:42 PM, Jaap Winius wrote:

> Is this new behavior intentional, or is it simply a bug? In either case,
> is there a workaround or a code fix for this, or should I continue to
> use 2.1.10?

Actually neither - you should be using 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 when it's release,
as the 2.1.10/11/12 releasea have a known security issue.

As to the Auth-Type, it is likely a misconfiguraton that either
accidentally worked in older versions of the server and doesn't any
more, or broke when you upgraded and the package overwrote something.

I see from the (limited) debug output you've given that you're forcing
Auth-Type in a "users" file. This is usually a mistake, and can cause
confusing errors.

But in any event, to debug the problem please run:

radiusd -X | tee log

...and examine the output. If the cause isn't clear post the debug
output here, and people will be able to comment. At the moment, there's
too little info.