Auth-Type krb5 not recognized by v2.1.12

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 15:23:14 CET 2013

On 27/03/13 13:55, Jaap Winius wrote:
> Quoting Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>:
>
>> ... I wonder if your server has been built with kerberos support?
>
> Indeed it has. The machine in question not only runs Freeradius, but
> also the Kerberos KDC, kadmin server and Kerberos client software. That
> all works, and it still works with Freeradius as long as I use 2.1.10
> instead of 2.1.12.

That's not what Alan meant.

Perhaps the FreeRADIUS rlm_krb5 didn't build properly?

Anyway - rlm_krb5 doesn't register "krb5" or any other value as a valid
Auth-Type.

You need:

authenticate {
   Auth-Type krb5 {
     krb5

...for this:

DEFAULT	Auth-Type := krb5

...to work. Do you have it? Are you sure the rlm_krb5 is building and