multihomed server on isolated networks

Lev Bronshtein bronshtein.lev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 21:27:51 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Lev Bronshtein wrote:
> > I have a requirement where a DHCP server should have a leg into a number
> > of isolated networks.  Which means that when I set
> > DHCP-DHCP-Server-Identifier  as an interface address only one network
> > will find it.
>
>   I'm not sure what that means.

What this means is that if my DHCP server has an interface in
192.168.0.0/16 and another interface in 10.10.0.0/16, and it's server
identifier is 192.168.1.10 and that reply is sent out to the
10.10.0.0/16 network the clients and routers on that network do not
posses appropriate routing information to communicate with the DHCP
server

> > My current options include setting up routes on other networks to the
> > respective interfaces, numbering the loopback and again doing the same,
> > however I was hoping that there maybe a configuration option that will
> > set the Server Identifier to be the IP address of the egress interface.
>
>   I'm less sure what that means.

What I was asking is if outgoing DHCP Packet's
DHCP-DHCP-Server-Identifier can be set to the IP address of the
interface that the packet is leaving from.

>   Do you want the DHCP server to listen on multiple IPs?  Can you be
> more specific, with examples?

It already is.

>   You may want to read raddb/sites-available/README.  You can set up
> multiple virtual servers, and have different policies for each.  This
> works for DHCP as well as for RADIUS.

I think this is exactly what I need.  Thanks so much!