segfault error

Chris Taylor Chris.Taylor at corp.eastlink.ca
Wed May 1 19:36:36 CEST 2013

I have tried a few times but I can't get a core dump. After radius dies I run " gdb /usr/sbin/radiusd /tmp/core_dump/test.dump" but I get the following output.

#############################
[root at on-radius01 core_dump]# gdb /usr/sbin/radiusd /tmp/core_dump/test.dump
GNU gdb (GDB) CentOS (7.0.1-45.el5.centos)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/radiusd...done.
"/tmp/core_dump/test.dump" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

I have ulimit set to unlimited.

[root at on-radius01 core_dump]# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) unlimited
scheduling priority             (-e) 0

What am I doing wrong on this?

Thanks,

Chris