Valgrind memcheck FR 2.2.1shows memory leak

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 3 18:32:13 CEST 2013

Wang, Yu wrote:
> I installed FR 2.2.1 from git on one of our radius servers on April 22.
> After installation, I ran valgrind memcheck against radiusd binary and
> it showed no memory leak. A few days later now, I ran valgrind again. It
> showed memory leak.

  Code doesn't magically change.

  The valgrind output you included shows that memory is "leaked" when
the server exits.  This isn't a problem, as the server is exiting.

  If you want the server to clean up memory on exit, use the "-m"
command-line option.  This is documented.  See "man radiusd".

> I am not sure what caused it. I have valgrind
> memcheck output for you to review but its 7MB. I don’t know if it’s too
> big for posting or attaching it on this list. Please let me a way to
> post/send it without causing any trouble. I plan to upgrade our
> production server to 2.2.1 early next week and I am a little concerned
> with this memory leak check thing.

  There is no cause for concern.