Proxy Treatment of PAP/Chap Auth Types

James T. Mugauri james at africonnect.co.zm
Fri May 3 18:34:14 CEST 2013

Thanks for your usual indulgence and assistance, Alan and all. Much appreciated.

I did the hopelessly illogical thing of testing it from an actual NAS associated with the proxy. The home server, which had been returning those rejects thus far, now accepted the user without fuss. Must be something specific to the configuration of radtest on proxy server, from which I had been testing.

Having cleared that hurdle, I have a slight difficulty in accounting, if you have a minute, wise ones. Can the proxy server server log all accounting requests to the sql module before (or after?) it passes them on to the home server? Is there a switch i can test for (in the same way as notfound) in the accounting module that can prompt the proxy sql module to run even if the home server has marked the request handled?

Many Thanks,

JamesTM