multiply Cisco-AVPair request attribute process by regular expression

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon May 6 15:37:03 CEST 2013

On 04/28/2013 09:14 PM, Mehdi Ravanbakhsh wrote:

> i have tow  Cisco-AVPair attribute in request  and i need to process one
> of them  that being started by 'circuit-id-tag='  so i use this :
>

>      if (Cisco-AVpair =~ /^circuit-id-tag=(.*)$/)  {
>
>                              update request {
>                                      Connect-Info := "%{1}"
>                              }
>       }
>

> but it is not working !

This is a limitation (or bug, depending on how you define it) of the 2.x
code. The code basically string-ifys the first instance of the attribute
when doing a regexp.

This should be fixed in master - see:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/5a89c9463390987c546864254931167e46fb64c8#src/main/valuepair.c

...for the fix. We run a local version which has this backported.