how to get linelog() see see packet-types other than access-request

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 8 21:42:34 CEST 2013

On 08/05/2013 20:09, Jeff Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a freeradius server 2.2.0 configured to process requests, and
> now I'd like to add some logging that would look something like this:
>
> Wed May  8 14:53:16 2013 Access-Request for abcd at purdue.edu
> <mailto:abcd at purdue.edu> from MAC address (Calling-Station-Id)
> 84-3a-4b-0c-46-44 NAS lwsn-b143-wism2-11
>
> I actually have that working, but would like for linelog to also log a
> line for packet types access-challenge, access-accept, and

Can't easily be done for Access-Challenge I'm afraid. The server doesn't
pass them through post-auth.

> access-reject.  My /opt/freeradius/etc/raddb/modules/linelog has:

The easiest way is to define another instance of the linelog module, and
use "Response-Packet-Type" in the format of the 2nd module, and call
that in any "response" sections. If this offends your sensibilities, you
can wrap the two linelog modules in a "policy" like so:

policy {
   mylog.authorize {
     linelog1
   }
   mylog.post-auth {
     linelog2

...then call "mylog". This can be useful for other reasons e.g. using
unlang to format attributes before calling the linelog module, and is
what we do.