Free radius as Proxy EAP-PEAP-GTC User-Password is never set

Sankalp Dubey Sankalp_Dubey at symantec.com
Mon May 13 13:07:59 CEST 2013

Hi Alan

We did the following changes in code
1. File:
     src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_gtc/rlm_eap_gtc.c
    In function gtc_initiate(void *type_data, EAP_HANDLER *handler)
   Added following lines with reference to  the src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_mschapv2/rlm_eap_mschapv2.c file
   #ifdef WITH_PROXY
        /*
         *      The EAP session doesn't have enough information to
         *      proxy the "inside EAP" protocol.  Disable EAP proxying.
         */
        handler->request->options &= ~RAD_REQUEST_OPTION_PROXY_EAP;
    #endif

2. We also added the following  functions in rlm_eap_gtc file
      static int gtc_postproxy(EAP_HANDLER *handler, void *tunnel_data)

3. If we try to add callback for post proxy in gtc_authenticate() function its start crashing.
    If we assign the callback function as NULL then we are able to set the User-Password in Proxy EAP-PEAP_GTC.
    But the access challenge thrown by Radius server is never sent back to client.

The modified rlm_eap_gtc.c is attached for your reference.

We want to forward the access challenge thrown by server back to client.
Can someone help what more changes are required to achieve this?

Thanks n regards
Sankalp Dubey