Any One-Time password system.

Nick Owen owen.nick at gmail.com
Thu May 16 20:43:05 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> On 16/05/13 15:45, Sergii Bieliaievskyi wrote:
>

>> 2013/5/16 Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
>> <mailto:p.mayers at imperial.ac.**uk <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>>>
>>

>>     No.
>>
>>     MPPE requires encryption keys. These can be generated by whatever
>>     auth method.
>>
>>     If you use plain MSCHAP, MSCHAP generates them.
>>

>> Can you provide more information how can i do that? Or where can i read
>> about that?
>>

> I apologise - I misunderstood what you were doing.
>
> If you're using plain MSCHAP for PPTP and want to combine this with OTP,
> it's probably impossible.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/**
> list/users.html <http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html>

Hmm.  I did a test integration with our two-factor authentication server
and poptop: http://www.howtoforge.com/security-issues-and-poptop-pptp. It
worked, but I agree that PPTP is beyond busted.  OpenVPN is a much better
choice.  It is also super simple to integrate via PAM:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/support/wikid-support-center/how-to/using-wikid-strong-authentication-with-openvpn
.

Those examples use our Enterprise edition which supports radius (via a 3rd
party, licensed module).  I would love it if someone would do a freeradius
module using our API: http://www.wikidsystems.com/downloads/network-clients.
We have a python package.

nick