unlang equivalent of radlog

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun May 19 19:13:38 CEST 2013

On 19 May 2013, at 12:47, Nasser Heidari <nasser at rasana.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several Perl modules running on my Radius server, I'm going to remove
> them all and use unlang instead. I have two questions:
>
> 	1- The reason that I'm going to change Perl modules with unlang is
> Performance ! I think unlang should have better performance in comparison to
> Perl (Note that I have some mysql queries in my perl modules), is this
> correct?

Yes.

> 	2- I have used &radius::radlog in my perl modules to  log some cases
> on radius.log, is there any equivalent for it in unlang? Could you please
> kindly give an example?

The linelog module.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/mods-available/linelog

You either use the 'format' config item, which is xlat expanded and adds a single line to the log, or you can use 'reference' which is used as a configuration path, and selects one of multiple other format type config items.

How you use them is up to you, and what you're trying to do.

I believe linelog can also log to syslog.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team