FreeRADIUS + OpenLDAP for Wireless authentication

Mantas Šiurkus siurkusm at gmail.com
Wed May 22 19:11:47 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have configured FreeRADIUS to work with OpenLDAP. Created user in
OpenLDAP. Radtest from localhost works perfect. But I can't connect from
other devices (android phone, etc..). In logs I get:

[ldap] No default NMAS login sequence
[ldap] looking for check items in directory...
[ldap] looking for reply items in directory...
WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure that
the user is configured correctly?
[ldap] user radiusas authorized to use remote access
   [ldap] ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
++[ldap] returns ok

I think it is problem in plain text password or something?

# Uncomment it if you want to use ldap for authentication
         #
         # Note that this means "check plain-text password against
         # the ldap database", which means that EAP won't work,
         # as it does not supply a plain-text password.
         Auth-Type LDAP {
                 ldap
         }

If I uncoment these lines, radtest stops working too.

What can I do?