MySQL Cluster as back-end for FreeRadius

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 23 05:21:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell
<a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> On 22 May 2013, at 18:11, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
>> Divyesh Raithatha wrote:
>>> Has someone successfully configured a high-availability MySQL cluster as
>>> a back-end for FreeRadius?
>>
>>  Yes.  There's even a white paper on it from MySQL.

> IIRC you need to use the cluster client library to get all the advantages of MySQL cluster, the rlm_sql module doesn't currently support it, but it should be fairly trivial to write another driver if you're up for the challenge.

Yeah, in my case I had to write ugly IFs using unlang to detect
whether an sql node is down so that FR would go to the next sql node.

If this is a dedicated FR-only mysql cluster, a poor-man's workaround
would be to have several SQL nodes, with FR running on each node, and
have each FR only access its own sql node.

--
Fajar