user from particular NAS-IP-Address

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Sun May 26 04:43:59 CEST 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 06:23:44PM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   You *did* run the server in debugging mode, as suggested in the FAQ,
> README, "man" page, and daily on this list?

Yes I did, over a period of about 3 hours of trial and error before banging my
head against:

[...]
[files] users: Matched entry test at line 86
++[files] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the
user
Failed to authenticate the user.
[...]

I also searched via Google site:lists.freeradius.org because Mailman's archive
sucketh and found similar recriminations to RTFM and run "radiusd -X".  I
didn't see a freeradius-newbs list, so I assumed freeradius-users was
welcoming like other users mailing lists.  I'll unsubscribe now and go back to
the trial and error.  Sorry to have wasted your time.