user from particular NAS-IP-Address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 26 16:47:13 CEST 2013

Pete Ashdown wrote:
> I also searched via Google site:lists.freeradius.org because Mailman's archive
> sucketh and found similar recriminations to RTFM and run "radiusd -X".

  That text *also* said to POST THE OUTPUT TO THE LIST.

  It's understandable that you're not a RADIUS expert.  That's what this
list is for: to help people.  But we can't help you if you don't follow
instructions.  We can't help you if you post messages like "something
went wrong, how do I fix it?"

  We ASK for the debug output because we NEED IT TO HELP YOU.

> didn't see a freeradius-newbs list, so I assumed freeradius-users was
> welcoming like other users mailing lists.  I'll unsubscribe now and go back to
> the trial and error.  Sorry to have wasted your time.

  You're welcome back any time.  Just *follow instructions*.  It
shouldn't be hard.

  This list is for people who want to get help solving RADIUS problems.
 Getting that help often means *following instructions*.  There should
be no reason to get upset when asked to follow instructions.  You asked
for help... it should be obvious that the response should contain *some*
kind of instruction.