CHAP only configuration

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 27 12:09:06 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Navodit Bhardwaj
<navodit.bhardwaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone guide me how to set CHAP only authentication.

Why?

> I am using following entry in my users.conf
>

> username                Auth-Type := Local, Password := password
>                  Fall-Through = Yes

In most cases you will NOT need Auth-Type := Local. Remove that.

> Can someone help me with detail steps for configuring CHAP

If you don't edit anything else, you should be to use PAP, CHAP, and
MSCHAPv2 out of the box, and test it with "radtest" from localhost. To
add more NAS you can edit clients.conf. See
http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Basic-configuration-HOWTO

--
Fajar