Fwd: Freeradius: change user passwords through pam_radius

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 21:26:09 CEST 2013

Dear, I have a Linux box authenticating SSH users against Freeradius. It
works OK.

When the users go into the Linux box via SSH, I need them to change their
own radius passwords. For this reason, I edited the /etc/pam.d/passwd file
as follow:

password   sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so

@include   common-auth
in order to communicate with our freeradius and change the user's password
executing the "passwd" command in the shell.

But te passwords never chages and I get this error:

Password:
New password:
New password (again):
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
passwd: password unchanged

is it possible to do what I want ??

Special thanks.