LDAP-UserDn not populated? (Was: Re: Radius, LDAP and Openvpn)

Andres Septer andres.septer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 13:11:28 CET 2013

>   You need to read the documentation, and *understand* how FreeRADIUS
> works.  The alternative is random changes, confusion, upset users, and
> *more* work and pain.

Skipped the idea to use different LDAP attributes for WiFi and OpenVPN
altogether and turned to the LDAP groups.

But my Ldap-UserDn attribute wont get populated (even though user is
successfully authenticated in LDAP). So group search obviously fails

When I manually insert my test users DN, everything works as expected.

read the rlm_ldap manual but i still do not understand why my LDAP-UserDn
is not populated.

A.