Still seeing WARNING: Child is hung after ... messages in 2.2.2

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 17:33:45 CET 2013

Hi,

>    Just upgraded my development server to 2.2.2. It's not heavily loaded but
>    I'm now seeing the following which I didn't see even in 2.2.1. Can;t
>    remember, was that the problem that was fixed in 2.2.2 that was present in
>    2.2.1?

I believe this is related to some extra bits put in to ensure that processes
launched actually happen within a time frame (max_request_time) - whereas pre 2.2.2
there wasnt such an error message....and thus you are now seeing things that you
didnt see before.  this seems linked directly to eg ntlm_auth taking too long to
get a response (or the sub-processes that have spawned ntlm_auth taking too long)

alan