Change between 2.2.1 and 2.2.2

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 16:32:37 CET 2013

Hi,
When it crashed there were 9 switches worth of dot1x and mac auth going through it.
At the moment there's just me as I had to move the other switches onto our prodn box.

It took till this afternoon but yup it still crashed. It might be due to the fact that I'm using the control-socket feature to reread various config files  every 15 mins. This had caused a lot of grief from the time I moved up to 2.1.10. Just doing a general reload of the server would cause a crash at least once a day. Moving over to just specific channels has changed that to every week or so.

I'm also running 2.2.2 on our eduroam facing server that auth inbound requests from york users against AD and proxy outgoing requests from visitors ( with your patch). It's been running for 6.5 hours without a hiccup. The only difference is that the config files are static on the eduroam box. Nothing changes as all auths are against AD.

Had a read of the docs/bugs section early this morning. Tomorrow I'll run a debug version and see what happens.

Rgds
Alex