Radclient COA - sending Cisco non-AVpair attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 7 00:47:00 CET 2013

Steve Schubert wrote:
> The debug from radclient doesn't show any errors.
>
> It shows Cisco-Command-Code = "01"

  That's what you told it to send.

> As you can see it's translating the command code from decimal to hex.

  No.  You told radclient to send an ASCII string composed of the
characters "0" and "1".  That's what it did.

> How do I specify the command code to be hex? (I've tried 0x01 but again
> it converts the ascii to hex)

  The Cisco-Command-Code attribute is defined to be a printable string.
 So sending a hex byte of 0x01 is probably not what you want.

  But... it should be possible.  Just do:

 Cisco-Command-Code = 0x01

> Also, is there documentation that explains the syntax to be used in the
> attribute file?

$ man unlang

  or

$ man users