Problem with using MySQL for radius clients

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Nov 9 12:45:02 CET 2013

On 9 Nov 2013, at 11:03, Mik J <mikydevel at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know that by default you configure your radius clients in the file /etc/raddb/clients.conf
> However I would like them to be entered in MySQL
>
> I have modified the file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default and I expect the Freeradius server to check the clients in MySQL instead of clients.conf
> authorize {
> sql
> #files
> }

You have no basis for thinking that. None of the documentation states that, it's not even logical to query a database for client information on every request.

Look in the sql.conf file, the config option is pretty clearly marked in there. The server will then load all clients from your database ONCE on startup.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team