Problem with using MySQL for radius clients

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Nov 9 13:01:56 CET 2013

Hi,

>    I know that by default you configure your radius clients in the file
>    /etc/raddb/clients.conf

correct

>    However I would like them to be entered in MySQL

thats easy. add them to the NAS table in your MySQL DB and then simply read the
sql.conf file near the bottom and uncomment the readclients = yes line.

>    I have modified the file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default and I expect the
>    Freeradius server to check the clients in MySQL instead of clients.conf
>    authorize {
>    sql
>    #files
>    }

???? no. what you've done there is enable SQL in the authorise stage...so a
device attempting to use RADIUS will be checked against SQL. except that it wont
because the NAS trying to talk wont be allowed to talk (and commenting out
'files' means that the users file wont work anymore....thats what that option does!)

alan