Problem with using MySQL for radius clients

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 9 14:28:12 CET 2013

Thank you both for your answers.
I had forgotten to specify in my first mail that I've restarted the radiusd numerous times and that my sql.conf file contains
readclients = yes
nas_table = "nas"

I've put a # in front of files because I wanted the radiusd to check the user's password only in MySQLAlan, sorry but I didn't understand what you wrote in your last sentence, about that.
And how to enable MySQL only without clients.conf ?

So I still have the problem and I don't understand what's wrong
mysql> select * from nas;
| id | nasname        | shortname | type  | ports | secret    | server | community | description       |
|  1 | 192.168.0.1   | myNAS     | other |  NULL | mysecret  | NULL   | NULL      | RADIUS Client     |

When I start the server with the -X option
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret, server FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname=192.168.0.1,shortname=myNAS,secret=mysecret
rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 192.168.0.1 (myNAS, server=<none>) to clients list

Hi,