Question about how to find unfinished requests

Martin Ubank Martin.Ubank at uwe.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 15:35:45 CET 2013

Hi John,

We were one of the UK universities seeing high load between lectures resulting in large numbers of 'Discarding duplicate request' errors.
Alan Buxey (and others) suggested the errors were due to a back-end process, and not FR (also 2.2.0 authenticating with AD).
This proved the case as we were able to dramatically reduce the number of these errors by using the IPs of our AD servers and not using DNS.
Our initial tests were with a single IP but we now have amended a perl module within our FR build to randomly select the IP of one of our 6 AD servers; not an ideal solution, but as much as we're prepared to do at the moment.

Martin.