EAP Question

Russell Mike radius.sir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:42:47 CET 2013

Dear List

Please forgive me if my question is not good but i tried my best.

IEEE 802.1X and EAP The IEEE 802.1X protocol provides access control in OSI
Layer 2 (the MAC Layer).  IEEE.802.1X supports the authentication of
clients while establishing a connection to the network before the client is
assigned as IP address via DHCP ( Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
Among other things. i am using CoovaChilli with FR and i need to
authenticate users before ip address & VLAN is assigned. i wish to check if
Freeradius EAP would work this way.

Thanks / Regards
RM--